Small Claims

Small Claims matters may be filed in both Yreka and Dorris locations.

You may not have an attorney to represent you in a small claims matter. Instead you will represent yourself.

In most cases you may not appeal the Judge’s decision, if you are the Petitioner in the small claims matter. If you are the Respondent and you choose to appeal, this is called a trial de novo or new trial. Both parties may have an attorney to represent them in the trial de novo.

For viewing and filling out some of the most common small claims forms, visit the California Courts Small Claims Forms page.

Superior Court of California, County of Siskiyou